07 May 2014

My first cherry blossoms!


This post is well over due!  I finally got to see the cherry blossoms for myself in Japan!  One of my life goals that I can finally cross off my list.  It was more beautiful than I ever imagined... such a spectacle to see, and the fact that it only lasts about 1 week makes it even that much more special! 

Since this is my very first experience and I waited many years to see this, I made sure I had proper time to enjoy this beautiful event, so I took 1 whole week off of work just to marvel at these flowers!  I did Hanami (cherry blossom viewing) in 7 different parks: Hibiya, Inokashira, Genjiyama (in Kamakura), Nakameguro, Yoyogi, Ueno, and Asukayama park (which was my favourite place out of all the rest!)

I also had the pleasure of enjoying Hanami with some wonderful blog friends! Like Hiki from Jollygoo, Ebony from Hello Sandwich, and the David & Koichi from Japanesesong Trip. It was so fun to meet and hang out with these people.  My first cherry blossom experience wouldn't have been the same without them!  I also went with many of my coworkers here, so it was definitely something that I will remember forever!



11 comments:

wehaveourways said...

Excellent post. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your spectacular hanami experience in Japan. I look to your Kyoto post, I will be waiting...

Hello Sandwich said...

Gorgeous post lovely one! And divine pictures! I think my jaw dropped when I saw that one with the tree, building and the blue sky! WAOU!
See you again soon!
xoxo

lara said...

I like a lot this post. Nowdays I´m thinking about the same things, so I want to share wiyh you this:
Impossible sakura:
http://espejoyagua.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/sakura-imposible.html

heuynh said...

The pictures are wonderful! Thank you for sharing them :')

David B said...

Breathtakingly gorgeous! Miss you, Mr!

Nina said...

the photos you took are gorgeous!

Hanna said...

love these! sakura season in Japan is just exquisite!

Celine said...

I wish we had cherry blossoms like this in Toronto! But maybe it is great that it is unique to Japan! Everyone looks so happy! Great photos!

L▲UR▲TJ said...

my long overdue comment shows how much time i spent on blogs these days.. but i really really love and went all jealous of all your photos from japan aron! sigh. i plan to visit some time next year tho.

Reem Almawed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
reem said...

omg you're photos are so lovely. I really like your blog! do you have any tips for aspiring photographers? thanks! (: