28 March 2012

my new aquarium!









i finally completed my new fish tank! it took me a while because i had to acclimate the water levels for a week, then find some materials for the center piece and let that acclimate in the tank for another week, then finally bought some fish to put in last week! (i even took a mini trip to Las Vegas in between waiting time! haha, but i'll post about that later.)

it was a long process, but totally worth it! i decided to make a bonsai tree in the middle with some drift wood and moss. (you can see how i attached the moss with some string, but it will overgrow quickly and cover the string.) just like a real bonsai tree, i also have to regularly trip and prune the growth of the moss to keep it looking nice and also to support further growth.

for those interesting, the tank model is called a Fluval Chi. many online websites sell it and ship! i just love the modern look of it, with it's simple and cube-like shape. there's also a mini fountain on top for added ambiance :-)

12 comments:

Ada Beth Croft said...

This is so cool! Totally worth it!

maya said...

beaaaaautiful!

ALPHABETICALIFE said...

Aron! Yes, I was with Damon over the weekend in Hong Kong. I'm still based in Singapore, but took a quick 4-day trip to Hong Kong to meet up with family and friends. I was so excited to learn that Damon was going to be there at the same time and we were even staying at the same hotel! I brought him to a friend's birthday party and we had a lot of fun that night. Miss you too and hope to see you on our side of the world real soon!

Yoli said...

I absolutely love it!! Perfect for a Pisces like you. I think this would go so well in my daughter's room. I will have to look for it online.

Sun said...

Hi Aron! Yes, i has been a while, how are you doing :-D You're so good at these kind of things. Open a plant shop soon!

thwany said...

What a lovely home for them.

Louise said...

Ohhh it does look cool. I think fish-tanks always have that look of a certain modern and 'cool' style. And I really like the tank's model.

❖❖мoɴιcα-αι❖❖ said...

D'AWWWW so cute!! omg you're so oshare stop it!

lina said...

i love this aron! so clean & fresh & the goldfishes are cutie pies :) do they have names?

Sewon said...

Ahh, I love the new fish tank, Aron! And that bonsai tree looks lovely in there.

kitchu said...

i love this!

75 gallon aquarium said...

This is so cool! I love the new fish tank!