29 June 2009

Holi Week


the other day i had a dentist appointment, and while i was talking with my hygienist, she told me about Holi Week in India. the festival of colours!! where everyone has a grand old time throwing paint at each other to celebrate a spiritual triumph of good over evil.






this just makes me so happy that humans can do such great things with, and for each other still. such a great reminder that the world celebrates with positive action in their own cultural uniqueness.

why can't everyone have this much fun?!

10 comments:

Celine said...

I would love to be in India for Holi! And for Diwali! There are so many beautiful festivals in India!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful :)

ifzan ibrahim said...

pretty :)

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

love the explosion of colors - makes me wanna print and capture in on canvas

Windy Days said...

I have a friend from India who told me about this! It's great to hear about things like this because you realise how many strange and interesting things there are to discover in the world. I'd love to participate one day! :D
Have a great day Aron!

Vanessa said...

I want to be a part of that so badly...

Amanda Nicole said...

Wow, look at that turquoise! Amazing.

Make it Easy said...

i showed this picture to my friends, so now we're planning a paint party!!! i'm sure its not going to be this crazy, but hopefully fun too! haha

at Hanna said...

I agree!
What a joy to just throw pigment! My friends and I had a creative hat party at new-years, but that´s not half as lively ; )
I think I have the pic in my archive.

letopho said...

There is a large Indian community at Berkeley and I celebrated Holi with them in the courtyard. The best time ever!